Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Autoloaders - LTO-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelea

MIS
Feb 25, 2005
US
It's time to purchase new tape backup technology and retire the Quantum DLT and Backup Exec. 8.6 - *phew*.

I currently have 1 1/2 TB to backup and will probably double in size in the next 18 months. Maybe 5 TB in 3 years - who knows (those darn Mac Graphics folx!)

Anyways, because of less than stellar reliability with a Quantum DLT and also DELL DAT's over the years I'm looking to HP's AK377A or MSL2024 LTO-4 Technologies. Has anyone had experience with these? It seems from reading posts on this forum that LTO-4 is not reaching anywwhere close to it's posted transfer speeds. Is it?

Also, is Backup Exec still the software to purchase for SQL, Exchange, Multiple Servers and DC's etc.? or, has Symantec managed to mess it up by now (and therefore, impossible to get support on) and should I be looking at another Software solution?

Thanks for your help....

=============================
What could possibly go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back