Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp 690c and windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar10

Programmer
Sep 18, 2001
NL
Help

I'm trying to print in windows 2000 with an hp 690 c printer, but I haven't got a suitable driver.
The default printer driver causes my printer to make strange noices and other trouble.

Could anyone help me with a driver

HP never made an updated driver for Windows 2K. The driver that comes with Windows is the most current driver. My next question is.. is your parallel port bi-directional? is the printer cable bi-directional? James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Before I installed win2000 I had win98 second edition running, without any problems. After installation of win 2000, the strange noices started. So it could be that my printer is getting out of date just at the moment I switched to win 2000

I have the same problem with Win2K and a Deskjet 600C. Mine doesn't make noises, the lights on the printer just blinks when I try to print something. Printing never actually even starts. So: I can see it is connected, but no priting. Any suggestions??? ------
KJR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back