Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 5L Prints irratically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righty

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2001
US
I have a HP 5L printer that when you print a PDF it prints the first few pages ok, but it starts to print the next couple of pages irratically. For example a tax form that they print from the government web will print pages 1 and 2 ok but when page 3 is printed, the numbered lines on the left side of the page print OK, but the right side where you the lines are drawn for the figures to be written is blank and it will print the right side of page 3 onto page 4, then page 5 comes out OK. It is not the web site since it will print up perfectly off other computers. Any ideas? I have re-installed the driver and used one downloaded from HP. The computer is using XP Professional and has 512 Mg of RAM

Hola, this isn't the correct forum, but have you tried with another cable... if it is USB, have you tried to insert it into another jack? did you deinstall the drivers before you reinstalled them? have you run SFC (system file checker) to see if the systemfiles aren't damaged? do you have Ghostscript installed? a lot of questions to answer...

Ben

I didn't see a printer forum in the list. If you can tell me where it is I would appreciate it. The one thing i forgot to mention is that all word, excel and I believe other printouts print fine. It is a LPT cable. Yes I did unstall the drivers. Where would I find system file checker?

I found the printer forum and put question in that forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back