Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp 4500n will not show up on my network

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmrs75

Technical User
Apr 23, 2005
US
i have an hp 4500n just got a network card for it and i am trying to set it up but when i try to go into my pc to add printer it doesn’t see it. i did set up an ip address and i can ping it but i still cant see it. i can also talk to it using software web jetadmin. why cant i see it when i try to find it on my network?? i can print from it using the parallel cable with no problems using winxp

Did you install all the software that came with the printer?
Do you have the manual for the printer?
Have you looked at the trouble shooting section in either
the manual or the HP website?

when i said cant see it --- when i go to add printer network printer brouse view my network it isnt there but the other computers are there

yes i did print off settings and it does have the network card on there and has it as ready

the card that i have installed is JetDirect 600N J3113A

i had it as a local printer and had the drivers installed when i set it up as a network printer i downloaded the software from hp

i tried troubleshooting but couldnt find anything about cant see it on the network --

correct me if i am wrong but there is no print sharing

the printer isnt connected to a computer -- it is dirctly connect to the lan

i got it to work

i was wondering why it wouldnt show up in my network and that was stumping me -- but it didnt matter

i had the drivers installed on the pc and then i had to reasign the output to the ip address of the printer

i thought i could just map it on the network but i guess i was wrong

Using the front control panel on the printer, is the DHCP and Default Gateway set to 192.168.0.1 or what ever your routers at. Are you using TCP/IP? The wizard within the printer should be able to configure this for you.

Have you tried power cycling the router?

I have an hp 4500n just got a network card for it"

Where did you put this network card?

in the back there are 2 metal covers take one off and slide it in -- it is kinda a tight fit make sure it seats good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back