Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 4250 Printer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmontuna

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2009
US
Hi,

I currently have a HP 4250N printer with a builtin network module (The module has usb and parallel port all in the same card), it is an interface card that can be unplugged from the side. The printer is no longer working, but the module is perfectly fine. I am thinking about getting a HP 4250, the one without the network module, and take out the module card from my existing 4250N and insert it into the new HP 4250 printer. Can this be done, does the regular HP 4250 had the same connector interface? I chatted with a HP agent online, and they told me it was impossible, and I need to buy an external Jet Direct Card. I dont know if I should trust them becasue they might not want to me to do this.

Thanks,
Alan

To my knowledge, the only difference between a 4250N and a 4250 is the network card.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

ELECTRICWARRIOR said:
The "N" in the HP printer world stands for NETWORK-Card

Yes.

And the "D" stands for Duplex.
And the "T" stands for "Additional TRAY"

The question is, off the assembly line, is there a difference (besides the network card) between a 4250 and a 4250N.

For example, different firmware for network support.

I don't think so, however (to answer the original question)

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back