Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 4200 Extra Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamosj

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2005
US
I have a HP Laserjet 4200 that for some reason will print out an extra sheet of paper after each print job. If there is more than one print job in the queue it will wait until the last print job is done. It happens about 10 seconds after the last job is complete. Anyone have any ideas?

How many PCs use this printer? Does it happen from all workstations?

3 workstations and all of them do it. I've checked the settings on the printer and I've also reset it to the default settings and it still does it.

Thanks for the reply.

Check the printer setup on the pc's. Look for banner page/page separation option.
What about the app you use to print ?

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Microsoft Office products. Word, Excel, etc....

My HP 4200 just started doing the same thing. Right after I upgraded the drivers. I haven't tried to roll back to prev driver yet (if that's even possible). Just looking around for an answer first, thinking maybe the upgrade changed a "setting" someplace. I also notice a lot more lag before the printing even starts than before.

I'm printing from WinXP Pro, serial cable.

A Postscript or a Printer Control Language(PCL) driver was updated ?

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Have the same problem from numerous printers with all applications....begining to be a bit annoying !!
Anyone got a fix ?

Hm... Not sure but think there might be a setting in the EWS of the JetDirect card that might generate a separation page... But it makes no sense if it comes after several different jobs has been printed. Make sure you have the latest firmware both on printer and JetDirect card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back