Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 4050 wont print if a user is logged on. Spools..deletes..spools..et

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou99

MIS
Jul 28, 2002
US
I have a windows 2k prof machine with a hp printer connected locally. This computer is part of a domain and so is the user 'frank'. Locally i added 'frank' as a member of administrators and installed the printer. The printer will not print if frank is logged on. When I log- oFF.. it will print the document. If i am logged on as administrator..it will print the document. If i am logged on as frank it will not.

In the print queue i see

printing
deleting
spooling
printing
deleting
spooling

over and over and nothing will happen untill i log off. Please offer any advice or tips. Im totally confused by this

sounds like your network will only support one admin at a time.
that is what i believe to be correct.
if it is not, let me know so, i can expand my brain power

OK, the user frank *needs* to be part of administrator group to run this lousy program for work.

It looks like frank is trying to print..cannot..trys to delete the file from the spooler..cannot..

How can I allow more than 1 admin on the system? security policies? where? I added him as admin on the local system but not his account on the domain.

Should frank also be part of Print Operators? what groups should he be a part of? I am learning and have been reading all I could but still no definite answer. Remember he is part of a domain, thanks!

is there a security policy setting that allows more than one admin on a domain loggd on ?

any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back