Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 2200 prints one line of garbbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiring

MIS
Jul 3, 2002
US
Here is the story, one of my users changed the toner on her printer and forgot to pull the tap out. Since then all the printer will print is \\4 7*Ar,nROWv K; [3 OO[*!DIST,. on the first line. It prints this if a test page is printed from the computer or any application. A test page from the printer prints as it should. The printer worked fine until the cartridge was changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

is it the right toner cartridge?(I work for a copier co., you wouldn't beleive what people do.)

reinstall the toner cartridge, after inspecting the machine, carefully. Check for any loose cables, power cords, etc. if you still get garbage when printing from a workstation, reinstall the printer, using the latest compatable drivers.

Jonhiker

Thanks for your help. I've tried your suggestion with no result. She has a new cable but I will try a different one just in case.

I have fixed my problem by installing the 2200 with HP4 drivers. This is a trick I learned trying to install OCR fonts on the newer HP lasers. Guess that shows that looking for the most recent drivers is not always the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back