Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 2100 Laserjet printer will not print in W2K? ><":

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhbadz

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2004
CA
I have a printer install on our main domain controller. It is an HP 2100 printer connected to the network via an Osicom print server. I formatted a computer running WIN98 which printed things fine and changed it over to a W2K OS. I ran the printer wizard and selected a network printer on the server and it says that it installs it. When I try to send a test print, it remains in queue and results to nothing. Others in the office are able to print to the printer running both WXP and W2K. I can ping the print servers address and there is only this one printer attached to the print server. I have tried to uninstall and re-install on the server, updated the drivers and still can't get the PC to print. Can someone please help me out.
Thanks!

Delete whatever printer you created.

You should be installing it as a local printer, then specify it is a tcp/ip port. If it is a print server, it may then ask you if its parallel1, parallel2, or parallel3 if it has mulitple parallel ports. Then load the driver and print.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

If you're installing the printer on the domain controller, you can always ditch the Osicom. In other words, if you are having the domain controller take over functions of the network print jobs, why put another piece of equipment on there you don't need?

If you are going to leave the printer on the Osicom, and have each person connect to it, (The best way) that's a different option...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back