Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 1500L Color Laser Printer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

basement131

Technical User
Feb 23, 2004
CA
i have a HP 1500L color laser printer. i would like to network this printer, but i do not have a printserver and do not want to buy Jetdirct $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. instead we have a Buffalo Linkstation 160 Lan, which has a print server, however, only works with select printers (something i found out after purchasing). Buffalo representatives have informed me that there is a way to get this to work however, i have not been successful. they have told me that i must find out if this printer is POSTSCRIPT and Does it require Bidirectional Support to work.
could somebody inform me of these two items.

Your help & assistance today will be passed on to others tomorrow.

Unfortunately your printer is hostbased and does not support Postscript or direct PCL based printjobs. The printer is solely dependant on the host PC preparing the job for the printer. Therefore the printer is also not very well suited for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back