Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 1020 Spool Service Shutting Down; ZSR.dll faulting module

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekuser9

Technical User
Oct 4, 2007
CA
I have a WinXP system with HP Laserjet 1020 connected via USB. I frequently lose use of my printer and an error message pops up saying the print spooler subsystem caused a problem and must shut down. Then you can't access printer because there is no print spooler service. I start it up, it shuts back off. Sometimes after reboot it works again for a while but the same thing happens. I have the latest drivers installed and all the windows updates applied.

When I look in the EVENT VIEWER, it tells me that the module that caused the problem is zsr.dll. I can't find anything about this problem anywhere. I have already removed and re-installed the drivers several times.

Any Ideas?

It's an XP issue. Use Restore/Repair.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Finally I was able to delete the HP printer, the spool service would run. I then reinstalled the printer and it tested out okay. good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back