Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HowTo: Printing a GroupWise Distribution list 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2000
CA
Hi all,<br>After struggling with trying to print a GroupWise 5.x distribution list I ran across an old TID that details the procedure. I thought I'd share the info.<br><br>Here's How;<br>Use the GroupWise Export feature in NWAdmin under Tools -&gt; GroupWise Utilities. If the Export feature is disabled, select an NDS object in the normal Administrator view. <b>Do not have focus in the GroupWise View.</b><br><br>Below are the settings and options I selected on the Export screen to print the members of a Distribution List:<br><br>1. Select NDS GroupWise Class. Then from the drop-down list select GroupWise Distribution<br>List.<br><br>2. Select the Post Office the Distribution List is associated to.<br><br>3. Specify the location of the Export file.<br><br>4. Mark the fields to export. I selected:<br>{DN}<br>Description<br>Members<br>Carbon Copy Member<br><br><b>NOTE:</b> {Object Name} or {DN} must be selected for the Export to be successful.<br><br>5. Mark the Starting Context as [ROOT] and check Export from Subordinate Contexts.<br>NOTE: The users on the Distribution list were in several containers. If we specified a specific container, the users outside this container would not be exported. Likewise, not all users were at the [ROOT] level - by selecting Export from Subordinate Contexts, the Export will also include users in containers off the [ROOT].<br><br>6. ASCII was selected as the export type.<br><br>The output file created can then be opened in Excel for formatting etc. If it doesn't look the way you want it, play with the Delimiters back in the GroupWise Export screen and try again. One nice feature about this export utility is that you can save the export settings to a config file.<br><br>I hope you folks find this info as useful as I do. So much for our quest for a paperless society huh?<br><br>...Joe<br>

Joe,

I have found that when printing distribution lists some of my distribution list have embedded groups which are expanded and the users show up instead of the embedded groups. For example, DL SECY may have as it's members A-SECY, B-SECY, C-SECY . When the list is exported the A-SECY, B-SECY, C-SECY are expanded to show the true members. This is random and does not happen on all embedded groups. Can you tell me why this is happening?

Thanks
Jscartmell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back