Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Howto Install a new flareimage Clariion C1100R

Status
Not open for further replies.

osram

Programmer
Mar 8, 2005
SE
I purchased a Datageneral Clariion C1100R Array from a local hosting-company. Based on there user-data-integrity-policy they removed all disks from the array and distroyed them (what I did'nt know at that time was the whole thing about FLAREimages/Licid) so I thought that this was a valid precaution, (I did plan to use other drives anyhow).

Luckilly I got the manual to the array so that I could learn about the array (if not I would have banged my head aganst the wall several time now).

I tried for a while to find either DASSMGR or ArrayGUIed but finaly got to know about the consollconnection so I could init a connection trow term/nullmodem.

My happynes faded fast when the array would'nt boot up completly stating "No valid FlareImages found", back to the manual and some more googling.

My current knowledge say that one or more of the disk in the "database" slots must contain a FLAREimage for the array to boot up. My problem is that because of the distruction of the original drives I do not have any disk with a flareimage.

*What could I do?
*Is there anyway to write a flareimage to a hardrive?
*Could one purchase a disk with a valid FLAREimage and ifso what do they cost?
*Is it the same flareimage on all C1100R arrays or is it a unique id for every array?
-if so could one put one of my drives into another array and so get the flareimage to my drive?
*Whats the diffrens between FLAREimage and LICid (my manual say nothing about FLARE but talks about LIC but on the net it's mostly FLARE that are reffered to).
*Is it possible to purchase additional disk-"cages"? (I have the 10slot version but only 6 cages)

I'm really greatfull for all help you could offer

Lukas Johansson
Student - Computer Science
Royal Institute of Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back