Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Howto find Networker client`s last backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaupaas

Technical User
May 23, 2002
NO
Anyone who can help me with this.....
scenario:

legato networker clients: 500+ ?
legato networker backup servers: 8

I have a complete list of all servers in my inviroment, but i am not sure the "backup people" have been informed as all the "new" servers have been installed (with or without any Networker installation).

Are there any command that is possible to run on the client, asking : When was the last backup, and to what backupserver?

Scheduled backup:
you can find last backup on server side with the command: mminfo -s server -q client=xxxxx,!ssrecycle -ot

Manual backup: there is no command.
the last manual backup is in /nsr/logs/networker.log

To my point of view you have better list index from each server.

Thanks Speculos, Yes the clients backed up are no problem finding in the index. i think the solution will be to ask the servers by reg-query and see if they have Networker installed, and then pick up the last backup date by mminfo. a other solution may be to run mminfo towards all the backupservers with the %servername% and then compare the list of servers.
My objective was to implement a routine for this check, eg. logon script, for checking if there are any servers running without Networker installation, and if Networker is installed, investigate and document why there are no scheduled backup running.

Best regards. :)

In order to find if NetWorker is installed you can use "reg query" on XP/Win2k3, if NetWorker is installed you should get the following back. Version and servers could be usefull info. If you are using vbs for your login scripts it´s pretty easy to parse the string that contains the servername, so you can use it in the mminfo query.

---
C:\>reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Legato\NetWorker /v Release

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Legato\NetWorker
Release REG_SZ 7.2.1.Build.311
---

C:\>reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Legato\NetWorker /v Servers

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Legato\NetWorker
Servers REG_SZ backup1 backup1.local
---

Cheers!