Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How you remove addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigworm

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
US
I have over 3,000 working addresses within my blackberry and would like to remove them all not one at a time.

You can remove all your contacts quickly by going into the backup application in your desktop manager and then selecting the advanced tab. Once in there you can clear the addresses on the right by selecting and clicking clear. Make sure you have your syncronization set the way you want because if you delete these contacts off your Blackberry and then sync you may also delete your contacts from your outlook or lotus email app. Set your sync the way you want it and then run the intellisync. I usually back the outlook folder up prior to syncing after I make changes such as the one above. You can also back up your Blackberry info first before any changes just in case. There are other ways to delete information off your Blackberry but it depends on whether you want all your info deleted or just pieces. If you want all info removed in order to redeploy to another user. Go into add remove application in the desktop manager and proceed as if your adding a new app. When you see advanced tab click it and proceed to click options to remove all applications and data. You also want to choose not to back them up and reinstall them. This should give you a fresh install of base unit. I am writing this from memory so som details may be slightly off so proceed with caution and read the screen to move forward. I have been supporting blackberries for a bout a year and I currently run a successful loaner program for my company to supply units to people who don't travel a lot but need them a couple weeks out of the year. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back