Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How would multiple user AK2 mde behave under citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallTime

Technical User
May 17, 2004
GB
I posted this earlier in the 'Citrix solutions' forum but it seems to be either a silly question or beat everyone. Either way I didn’t get any relies. I'm now posting it here in case someone with Citrix knowledge spots it and can help.

Hi,

I have an Ms.A2k db (front end /back end type) that I normally distribute to run under MS.A runtime. However, recently I’ve been asked to install this on Citrix. There are 30 users of which perhaps at least a third will be concurrent.

I’ve never worked with citrix except on one occasion when I tried to install Ms. runtime and failed (can’t now recall what the error message was).

Ordinarily I would install the front-end mde on each local PC and this setup works just fine. However, I’m not sure what would happen on citrix if 20 or 30 users logging in at the same time to use the same mde.

Is there a sensible way of doing this or does multi-users on access stop where Citrix is involved?

Any guidance and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards to all

I don't know about Citrix but we're happily running a mixed Access 97 and XP system on Windows Terminal Server with about two dozen users. There's an Access 97 backend and an Access 97 front end on the server and some users have their own 97 and XP frontends on their own PCS.

The only problem I had was with the "Export to Excel" feature. Users of the TS front end would save a query as "C:\Jan.xls" and it would of course be saved on drive c: of the server. We had get them trained.

Geoff Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back