Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how work with formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

teferi2002

Technical User
Sep 24, 2005
US
Hi to all,
Here is my situation, I have to fields as_read_bid_amount and corrected_bid_amount in my report. The value for these two fields are similar most of the time in that case I just only display the value for the as_read_bid_amount only. But if the value for as_read_bid_amount is different from the Corrected_bid_amount then I would like to display both values.I try to illustrate this with an example below.The data type for both fields is number
When both values are the same

As_read_Bid_amount Corrected_bid_amount
$ 1
As_read_Bid_amount Corrected_bid_amount
$22.22 $22.56

can some one give me a clue how this can be done. Thanks
I am using CR10.0 and oracle 9i

Thanks you for the help

Several ways. You could have a formula field that says
Code:
if _read_bid_amount = corrected_bid_amount 
then ToText(_read_bid_amount)
else 
ToText(_read_bid_amount) & " to " ToText(corrected_bid_amount)

Or always show _read_bid_amount and have a second column for 'corrected', showing blank or saying "Same" or whatever.

I assume no nulls. if corrected_bid_amount could be null, test if isnull(corrected_bid_amount) or

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

You could just use conditional field suppression on the corrected bid amount field. Right click on the field->format field->common->suppress->x+2 and enter:

{table.corrected_bid_amount} = {table.as_read_bid_amount}

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back