Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to write validation rule to connect a question to another 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneka

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
US
On an Access form I have 8 questions that look like
1. IfProblem: 1=NO 2=YES
B. IFYES1: Choose 1 or 2 or 3

I need to to say If Problem1 is yes Then go to question b and choose. If NO skip B. and go to Question 2.

Can this be done using a validation rule?
How would I write this in properties?

So can eliminate missing a question or answering the wrong question as I go through the form.

Please help

Take a look at the SetFocus method you can play with in the AfterUpdate event procedure of IfProblem1.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Taking a stab in the dark here...

I think the easiest way would be to macro each question to activate the next question in order. Just default all questions in the form as not active except for your first one.

To validate I would think you could use a table of some sort that has
QuestionID - Next on Yes - Next on No

However this would require ALOT of thinking and such to get it just right.
But this would allow you to use 1 macro or vba code to query the table and determine which question to activate.

You could also do the same thing with vba code and no table. Which would be easier I can not say without trying to do it. There also may be an easier way to do this totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back