Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to write LLBuilder debug output to an external text file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeebond

Programmer
Aug 27, 2015
IN
I am completely new to OpenText development. I am finding it hard to navigate through debug output while searching for various data. Is there a way I can redirect the debug output to write into a text file rather than in console? This way, I can use advanced text editors to work on output text file. Please help..

Thank you!

Yes the "newness" is apparent so rather than bore you with the tech speak I will tell you how I use it. For one thing may it be known that LLbuilder and LLserver are the same for all practical purposes. When you bring LLBuilder on and you get the familiar "do you want to shutdown services" all we are saying is load the program execution into this thread of builder. In opentext.ini if you set debug=2 wantLogs=true and run your livelink in builder or services and look under logs directory you should see thread<nn>.out, Connect<nn>.out. If you are running builder it will be thread0.out and connect0.out and the numbers will indicate which thread is capturing the work the LLserver is doing. Livelink has advanced java logging mechanisms that I do not use. BTW the console is echoing thread0.out with some buffering built in

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back