Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to write a file on remote computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartec

Programmer
Jan 21, 2005
PL
Hi

Almost all my question is in the title. Can anybody tell me how can I write some file(s) to remote computer?Any samples?

thanks for any response!!

Best regards

Bartec.

Your question is too broad. What is exactly the status of this ‘Remote’ computer? Is it in the same domain as your computer? Can you login to it (do you have an account on it) Or it is a computer some where in the universe that you have no access to? If it the former, it is as easy as using any WriteFile() function in the library of the language of your choice and using URL for the file location \\MySeerver\blah\blah\blah.
If it is to be the latter, enter .NET (Just because this is a C# Forum) remoting or any other technology for remote procedure call. This method is not as easy and it requires security configuration.

Walid Magd

The primary challenge of every software development team is to engineer the illusion of simplicity in the face of essential complexity.
-Grady Booch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back