Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to work with CFGRIDCOLUMN and HREF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus37

Technical User
Dec 7, 2002
US
Hello everyone.

I have the following code:

<cfform name=&quot;CrossGrid.cfm&quot; action=&quot;Cross.htm&quot; method=&quot;post&quot;>
<cfgrid name=&quot;CrossGrid&quot; query=&quot;ShowDetails&quot; rowheaderbold=&quot;Yes&quot; selectmode=&quot;SINGLE&quot; selectcolor=&quot;F39956&quot; width=&quot;950&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; appendkey=&quot;NO&quot;>

<CFGRIDCOLUMN name=&quot;BROKER_NO&quot; HEADER=&quot;CBI Ref&quot; WIDTH=&quot;60&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot; dataalign=&quot;CENTER&quot;>

<cfGRIDcolUMN NAME=&quot;BROKER_NO2&quot; header=&quot;Your Ref.&quot; width=&quot;100&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot;>

<cfgridcolumn name=&quot;ENTRY&quot; header=&quot;Entry No.&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot; dataalign=&quot;CENTER&quot; width=&quot;62&quot;
href=&quot;CROSSDT.CFM?USENTRY__ENTRY=ENTRY&quot; hrefkey=&quot;ENTRY&quot;>

<CFGRIDCOLUMN NAME=&quot;ENTRY_DATE&quot; WIDTH=&quot;65&quot; HEADER=&quot;Date&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot;>

<CFGRIDCOLUMN NAME=&quot;MSG6&quot; WIDTH=&quot;92&quot; HEADER=&quot;Released On&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot;>

<!---<CFgridCOLumn name=&quot;FDA&quot; WIDTH=&quot;5&quot; TEXT=&quot;#MID(MSG6,19,17)#&quot;>--->

<CFGRIDCOLUMN NAME=&quot;MSG5&quot; WIDTH=&quot;95&quot; HEADER=&quot;Intensive&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot;>

<cfGRIDcolUMN NAME=&quot;IMPOR_CAR&quot; header=&quot;Trailer&quot; width=&quot;120&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot;>

<CFGRIDCOLUMN HEADER=&quot;Qty&quot; WIDTH=&quot;45&quot; dataalign=&quot;CENTER&quot; NAME=&quot;QTY_BILL&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot;>

<CFGRIDCOLUMN HEADER=&quot;Units&quot; WIDTH=&quot;40&quot; name=&quot;UNITS_BILL&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot;>

<CFGRIDCOLUMN HEADER=&quot;Consignee&quot; WIDTH=&quot;240&quot; NAME=&quot;CONS_NAME&quot; headerbold=&quot;Yes&quot;>

</CFGRID>

This reports displays fine, and as you can see in the CFGRIDCOLUMN NAME=&quot;ENTRY&quot;,
I have an HREF, this is supposed to grab the value of the cell the user clicks on based on the ENTRY and pass that as a Parameter to another report.
The report displays but with no data; I have tried with APPENDKEY=&quot;NO&quot; and also with &quot;YES&quot;.
When I leave as APPENDKEY=YES, it shows the value but it shows in the address box as this:

<<the one I need to pass to the report.
But it doesnt find it because of the GETGRIDKEY, in other words, the parameter becomes ENTRY&GETGRIDKEY=value, so it does not find it in the database.

What am I doing wrong? or what am I missing?

Thanx beforehand for your help! :)

Sincerely,
Max35

Remove the quotes on the next page?

Code:
#Mid(GetGridKey,2,     len(GetGridKey)-2)#
ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

Thanx webmigit, I found an easy way also....

on the next page,the page the value is being passed to, create a new variable, this is what I did:

<cfset variable = '#CFGRIDKEY#'

then on your query just reference that variable.

but thanx any way, all help is appreciated.

And hope this also helps others.

Max35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back