Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to wipe my pc and start over 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo6934

Technical User
Sep 17, 2007
GB
how do I wipe my pc and start over, my pc is crashing all the time and I want to it sometimes takes hours just to get it switched on.
please can you help.
Regards Ray

If you have a Windows Setup CD, just put it in, and Boot from it. You can then ask the setup to format the drive and re-install Windows clean.

Of course you'll need to backup your files if you want to keep them, as a format will delete everything there is on the drive.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Reinstalling as stated above may replace your Windows folder only, depending on how you step through the setup. During the process you have the option to delete the partitions and recreate and format the partitions or format the existing partitions. If you want to clean all the data off use the format and or delete and recreate partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back