Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to view what is programmed on a button

Status
Not open for further replies.

threetone

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2002
US
I knew a key sequence for viewing what is currently programmed on a button. Can someone tell me what it is?

Go off hook, press speed 7 # 2 to dislplay button programming. Speed 7 # 1 will run the lcd display test of characters

For some reason that is not working for me. I pressed the key sequence you suggest, and I either just get a busy signal, or the phone tries to do what is programmed on the button, instead of telling me what is programmed on the button. Any ideas?

You need to go off hook to perform this function. Pick up the reciever and put it on the desk. Then enter the key sequence. If you still have no luck, go to station 100 and on hook dial 605. This will return the software version. I thought the key button test was available from FP 1 and on, but I may be mistaken.

Super! Yeah, that works. I was trying it first by going "off hook" on speaker, not by lifting the handset. Once I tried it after first lifting the handset, it worked just like you instructed. Thanks. [2thumbsup] :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back