Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to view outgoing routes / How to force a call over a certain trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

munozj

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2010
US
I'm trying diagnose a separate issue but would like to place a test call over individual trunks. I'm not sure what the current outgoing routes are and I'd like to review those as well. Is there a way to do this and to retrieve this information?

I would figure out how calls are routing 1st:
Print the npa, nxx, and spn that you use in ld 90.
Prt the rlb that shows the route list index which directs them to a route in ld 86.
Then print the rdb (route) in ld 21
Use LTM in ld 21 to list the trunk members of the rdb

Stat the loops in ld 60 to veiw the status of T1 PRI trunks
Place test calls and stat the loops.

to test other than using ACOD and turning down T's. You can prt your routs and LTM your routes in 21 to gather a little info. Prt your NPAs in 90 to get RLI for ld 86 to see where your Long distance is going/using. See what your RLI is for your local NXX, prt SPNs see what RLI they use. This will give you the basic info of local, SPN, and long distance. If you want test cetain routes, creat an RLI in 86 put what route you want, assing that to any NPA or NXX you want and dial away. If you change the RLI several times, don't forget to put it back to what it was.

Mato' Was'aka

One other tool for testing individual trunks is the Maintenance phone (MTC in the CLS). You can grab an idle trunk and place the call.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back