Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to view d-channel traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tataylor

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2003
US
How do I actually view what is flowing across a particular d-channel in real time. My installer had it on the console once and we printed the output. I have spent an hour trying to figure out what he did and am getting no where. I have a Succession 1000.

ld 96 enl msgo dch x, enl msgi dch x.. carefull on a busy route it will flood the terminal.. might need to leave the dch out of that prompt, no books at home,,enl msgi x.. i think it's the 1st one i posted. been a few years..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, pretty good memory there. The actual lines I used were:
LD 96
enl msgi 31
enl msgo 31

31 was the d-channel that I wanted to monitor. A couple of more questions regarding this. I understand what you mean by flooding the terminal. How would I go about getting out if that happens? Would **** work? After you have run the the two enables do you actually do a disable to stop the d-channel from displaying? In other words:
dis msgi 31
dis msgo 31

no on the ****, i enter dis msgi 31 and dis msgo 31 on a txt file then copy it so if needed i can paste it back to the screen, the buffer will still run for 15 minutes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also, as described to me by a Nortel guy you need to be aware that the data displayed is basically internal to the Meridian. In other words, it may not be exactly what is running between your (for example) QPC720s and telco.

rfwhite speaks the truth. You can have a d-channel working just fine by all apearances an a noisy T1 will scramble what the far end switch sees, resulting in call rejections that aren't evident to your d-channel. I have experienced a DTI pack (or d-channel rather) intermittently going off into la-las land rejecting valid calls before. Normally the fix is to do a forced download on the d-channel. I am about to change one that is beginning to regularly do that.

You can disable the monitor in the event of flooding from a maintenance telephone (CLS MTA) using SPRE+9913<dch#>01. After doing so go back to ld 96 and do the DIS MSG<dch#>, and turn the monitor back on (RST MON I think). You can also select the level of the message data. Refer to Software Input/Output:Maintenance in Serl 3.0

A fine method to stop DCH flooding :

Type **** enter
LD 48
FLSH

Type that in the middle of the flood with no control on the display. That command emptied the buffer of DCH datas.

[code}
proc main

transmit "****^M"
pause 2
transmit "ld 48^M"
pause 1
transmit "flsh^M"

endproc [/code]

don't have procomm on this pc of i haven't complied this, if anyone wants to use it and has a problem, get back to me. and Delsap great find

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

dlesap, you must be a member of the elite group that actually RTFM.

Thanks for the info- can't wait to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back