Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to view actual messages within the Works Queue Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb2

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

Is it possible to actually view the email messages within Exchange System Manager 2000 for the Work Queue Length?

I'm unable to find any information in the books I have or on the web.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jonb

Do you want to actually read the user's email? Or just find the number of messages queued?

I'd like to be able to view the messages in the Work queue Length much the same as you can view the queue length (if thats possible) in exchange system manager (2000).

I'm really only interested in viewing a summary of the emails - sender, subject and mainly size of the email(s).

I have many times in the day where my work queue length starts to rise sometimes over 1000 emails and I can see this through running the performance counter for Work queue length on the server.

I'd like to be able to see if there are any large messages causing the work queue length to rise.

Thanks for the reply,

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back