Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Vertically 'Truncate' A Subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

jat139

Technical User
Apr 15, 2015
NZ
CR 2013 ODBC Datasource

Hi,

I have a subreport which has data in Group Header #2 and Group Footer #1, all other sections are suppressed.

I'm hoping to vertically resize/ truncate the report so that only Group Footer #1 is viewable.

I've tried resizing with 'Can Grow' unchecked, however, this begins truncating from the bottom up, where I need truncation from the top down.

Note: I cannot suppress the data in Group Header #2

Any help appreciated

James

Note: I cannot suppress the data in Group Header #2

>> Note: I cannot suppress the data in Group Header #2
Yes, I read that twice. Can you HIDE GH2 instead of suppressing it? If not, can you explain WHY you can't hide/suppress the section? I ask because:
1) I don't think there is any way to have the 'can grow' work from the bottom up.
2) From your requirement, hiding/suppressing GH2 seems like the obvious answer.
3) I can think of no reason why hiding/suppress would make a difference to anything else in the report, other than solving your problem. Suppressing a section should not affect data values, totals or calculations.

So maybe if you can explain the unusual requirement (I can't suppress GH2 but I don't want to see GH2) we can see if there is another workaround.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Hi,

I have two variables in the report which are calculating two running totals within GH2.
The post which I followed suggested to put the variable in the 'Format Field'-->'Display String' section of what I wanted to total.
The total is printed in group footer one using WhilePrintingRecords, which I think would be relevant.
The manual running totals are working correctly, however GH2 displays unnecessary information (Transaction IDs).
If I suppress or hide GH2, the variable totals go to 0.

Unfortunately cannot delete the repeated note

James

The only thing that would fit what you are describing is if you incrementing a variable in the formatting properties of a cross-tab cell. In that case the section would have to remain visible or the cross-tab won't run. You might be able to make the Cross-tab small, use a white font, suppress the lines and then underlay the section so it doesn't take up space, but there are limits to how small you can make a Cros-tab.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back