Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to verify Network card is running well ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnthom

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
VN
Hi all,

I have just installed a plug-and -play network card into my Win 2K advance server PC, my PC automatically detected this card successfully.
I suppose this card is running well because when I click -> Computer Management -> Device Manager -> Network Adapter -> and it appears : 3Com Etherlink XL 10/100 PCI TX NIC(3C905B-TX), then I open properties of this network adapter, In General tab, I get its alert : " This device is working properly ".

In addtion, I configure it with TCP/IP protocol as follows:

IP address : 192.168.0.1
Mask: 255.255.255.0
IP dedault gateway: 192.168.0.2

But I can ping local address 127.0.0.1 only, but I cannot ping its own IP address : 192.168.0.1 !!!??? Is that network card doesn't work ?

Please tell me the reason, and how to check whether my network card is running or not ? and give me some ways I can verify that ?

John Thom

Download the latest drivers for the 3Com Etherlink XL 10/100 PCI TX NIC(3C905B-TX) from the 3com web site. (Normally Etherdisk1). There is also unsupported GUI diags which can Test your NIC and perform a network test.

Thanks very much. But could you tell me some ways on Win 2K Server to verify network card to be running well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back