Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to utilise additional host ports on DS4800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2007
I'm sure I must be missing something but I can't find any information on using host ports 2 and 3 on the DS4800 controllers (other than this vague reference from the DS4000 Best Practices and Performance Tuning Guide, 'If supported by the host and the operating system; additional ports may be connected for redundancy and load balancing. ')

Currently I am only using host port 1 on each controller (plus host port 4 for ERM). Which means that there is 16Gbps of potential throughput not being used.

Do I need to create a new fabric zone for each DS4800 host port and add servers that I want to use that host port to it?

Can I use 2 ports per DS4800 controller (in a fabric zone)and aggregate their throughput?

I have a mixture of Windows 2003 (using the RDAC filter driver for failover) and HP-UX 11.x (using the primary/alternate path strategy for failover).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back