Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to user createuser.vbs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowwis

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
US
I am trying administer a windows 2000 server(newbie) and want to populate the users account using the createusers.vbs. I have hundreds of users.
what does the input file for the createusers.v b s script look like or how do I use this script to do this?
Respect,
Barbara

..not too much use but I VERY briefly saw an article in an O'reilly book -

then go to chapter 16 I think, you'll have to sneak a read in Blackwells or somewhere, it would appear to potentially cover what you're after. Hope it helps a little, no promises

much appreciation - will take a trip to my local bookstore for a quick read, Blackwells is out of range at the moment.
much respect

If you are using Active Directory you may also like to take a look at CSVDE from the resource kit. This is used to create users in specific OU's in the Active Directory which is important if you are using Group Policies. I have had problems with home directory permissions though. I submitted to this forum around 6 months ago but go nothing new.
Andrew.Mackey@birmingham.gov.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back