Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to use word application in ASP files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

locationsetc

Programmer
Aug 2, 2004
US

Hello friends,

can anyone tell me, how to use a MS word component in ASP web application. right now I am working on website in which they need to create form letter in MS Word and send it as email attachment. can anyone tell me what we have to do in web server. should we install the MS Word in web server or install any DLL library or components in web server.? if DLL library or components, where we can get it?? please help me. I am running out of time. I will appreciate that.

with regards
joseph

look into mime types and specifiying them in your scripts

in short -- the client needs word viewer at the least. no need for server configurations.

the email portion will either need to client to attach the file saved locally or you need to push it up to the server and then attach is that way. look into CDONTS / CDO attaching files. Lots of resources and scripts out there for that one to hack up

(0 row(s) affected) -->faq333-3811
[/sub]

good link for ya MIME with ASP

(0 row(s) affected) -->faq333-3811
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back