Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use WMI API to create repeated Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwena

Programmer
Mar 11, 2004
IL
Hi Guys,
I hope it's the right forum...
I'm trying to right a VBScript in order to create Tasks in Scheduled Tasks.
My problem is that I can't create a repeated Task meaning Repeat every 20 minute for example.
Any suggestions?
Thanx

Borislav Borissov,
The example you referred to is repeat every day. What I need is Repeat every X Minutes

The task scheduler, which is what WMI accesses, cannot repeat tasks more regularly than once per day

You can't. Even with Task scheduler you could create a Task which can be repeated daily.
Why not put a timer of some kind in your application and put this application in StartUp?

Borislav Borissov
VFP9 SP1, SQL Server 2000/2005.
MVP VFP

Even with Task scheduler you could create a Task which can be repeated daily. " ...
Actually Task scheduler Can create Repeat Task every X minutes if you use the "Advanced" button.
The reason I'm not writing my own Application is that I don't want to be responsible for running the Jobs

Check thread713-356060 to see if you can find any help there.

Borislav Borissov
VFP9 SP1, SQL Server 2000/2005.
MVP VFP

Yes, the Windows Task Scheduler can indeed repeat jobs every X minutes. However, the task scheduler that WMI accesses (which is effectively the older AT command) cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back