Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use Windows Media Encoder 8 beta with premier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunn

ISP
Mar 5, 2003
GB
I try windows media encoder 8 and it's realy realy great but it's just a beta and can only convert file (can't edit anything)
so what should i do? or what compression should i use in premier to get the best quality ( don't mind bigger file )
and then convert it with WM8 ? will that get me a good quality?

Are you using the standalone encoder, or encoding through Premiere?

B-) "Who's that guy with the shades... What's he trying to prove!”

it is a standalone encoder, still in beta version. and have to execute the command in DOS prompt. but the quality really great and file really small

Haven't used the WM8 beta version yet... Still using WM7. I think it's recommended, as with RealPlayer, to encode files that are uncompressed. Otherwise you're in fact recompressing files that are allready compressed in Premiere. Testing will tell you. I usually output uncompressed files from Premiere at 15 fps, but I've also used some codecs without noticable difference in the quality of the avis or the encoded files. If size doesn't matter go the uncompressed route and keep the avi as a backup in case something happens to the encode file!

B-)
test.gif

"Dancin' for stars!"

you should be able to export your avi files with MPEG4 compression directly from premiere if you have the windows media encoder installed, which installs the codec with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back