Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOw to use the link of webservices in java program. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsanty

Technical User
Jan 10, 2006
CA
Hi,

I would need some pointers developing web services client. The web services has already been deployed using Tomcat and Axis. I can see the exposed methods from the link. Now I need to write a client to be able to use those methods. Specifically, how to use the URI link from my java program and invoke those methods provided by the webservices?

I have checked online . In this example, they use the following:

public class HelloClient {
@WebServiceRef(wsdlLocation=" helloservice/hello?wsdl")

However, I do not see how this service( is reference in the code. One of the method provided by software vendor is getFamilyName which takes a parameter of a familyname(type string). Then, returns all information about a person having the specified family name.

Thanks
John

Hi,

Please note that I'm not asking for the entire code. I just need to know how to use the URI link from my java program and invoke those methods provided by the webservices?

Thanks
John

Hi Dian,

Thanks a lot for your input. However, the web services have been already developed and has been deployed. I just need to know how to use the URI link from my java program and invoke those methods provided by the webservices?

Thanks
John

Hi Dian,

Are you saying that I could implement the client using Xfire so I could access the already deployed Webservices? Sorry to ask you this question...I'm really new to web services stuffs...Thanks!

You can do both things with XFire, but in this case I mean you can invoke the already developed webservice. Take a look at this

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back