Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to use summax variable in formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmeljeff

Technical User
Oct 4, 2006
US
I'm using CRXI and was having an issue summing group data based on formulas. After searching the threads, I saw how to use a variable to create a running balance and then display the final summed value. However, what I'm trying to do now is use the displayed summed value that resides in my GF1 in a formula in GH2, but it isn't returning the correct values.

The variable formulas ({@reset}, {@accum} and {@display}) each have WhilePrintingRecords. If I remove this, the values don't sum correctly.

I'm not sure how to enter sample data so that it is formatted correctly. However, here are some images of my design/preview.

CR.gif

CR-1.gif

So, what I'm looking to do is have @PercentDays = @TotalDaysUnits / @display

Possible?

You won't be able to do this, since the value of {@display} is only final in GF1. The question is whether you need to use accumulating variables or whether you could instead use conditional formulas so that you can use inserted summaries and use these summaries in formulas at header levels. I think you should show a sample of your data at the detail level so we can see why you felt you needed to use variables.

-LB

Here is an image of the detail, along with some explanations of what I'm trying to do.

CR-2.gif

Sorry for the delay in response as the database crashed on Friday afternoon. All is better now.

I realize this information is a lot too take in, and perhaps I'm not explaining it quite the right way, but I'll provide any info or reword my previous threads if anyone thinks they can help.

Thanks

I can't really follow this. What fields are you grouping on? I can't tell from the display. And please show the contents of your formula for the average days available. If this is a running total also, please explain exactly how it is set up.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back