Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use registered DirectShow filters in C++ applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

darioars

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
DE
Hi folks!

I programmed a DirectShow filter and I compiled it so a "ax" file is generated after compilation. Later I registered the filter on the system and I checked it works well by means of the GraphEdit utility.

My problem now it that I want to produce manually my own filter graph in a C++ application: it is, I want to add some filters to a filter graph, connect them and make the graph run. Specifically, I used the PlayCapMoniker filter provided with DirectShow, that implements a graph where an input filter takes the video signal from a webcam and then its output is rendered to produce a window displaying the video signal when the program is executed. I would like to do the necessary modifications in this program to insert a filter between the capture filter and the renderer, so that the video signal is processed before it's displayed.

I think I did everything I need, I mean, I created the instances for the filter graph, the filters, ... (all the cpp files are modified to get the desired functionality), and I included the interface header of my custom filter in my project in order to be able to use its methods. The project is compiled, but I'm finding a lot of problems when linking. For example, the last one is:

PlayCapMoniker error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_SkinTracker

I don't know how to solve it and I don't know if I'm including within my project all the needed stuff to be able to use my custom filter in my C++ application. Can anybody help me? I'd really appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

Darío.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back