Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use Print... menu at run time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busari

Technical User
Jan 31, 2001
KR
I want to programmatically call up an editor by issuing "MODIFY FILE" command, compose a file and print it before saving it. If the program is run from the Command window, the Print... menu works fine. But if the program is compiled and run from Windows Explorer and the Print... menu is clicked, the Print dialogue pops up but it will not print anything. Is this by design? If so, how can I work around it? I tried ShowPrinter() method of COMDLG32 and it does not work either. Please help me out. FYI, I am on VFP 6.0, SP5.

Hi!

As far as I know, printing here is a pure VFP design-time functionality. It has main purpose for printing the source code from the PRG text or code snippet text. I guess it is not working in run-time because this feature is not available in the run-time DLLs.

You can print text manually:
SET PRINTER ON
? FileToStr("MyTextFile.TXT")
SET PRINTER OFF
SET PRINTER TO

Vlad Grynchyshyn, MS MVP, MCP
vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua
The professional level of programmer could be determined by level of stupidity of his/her bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back