Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use object styles? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fileman0000

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
US
Hi, I've used Indesign for over 1.5 yrs but have really never got into the use of object styles. I understand the premise for them....that you setup certain commands and then give it a name under object styles and then are able to use them again without resetting. For example, if the standard leading is 12 pts. and you want your paragraphs to be 10 leading you can create an object style for that and then reuse it, correct?

So I figured I'd try it with stroke...I set up my pencil width, and effects (in CS3)and went to Windows>Object styles -----but then to where? unlike in photoshop where you have the save the set button --- don't see it in for Indesign.

Thanks for your input.

When you create a line with the pencil tool you will need to set up all the things you want the line to look like, weight etc.

When you have that done, select Windows>Object Styles

Click the New Object Style

and that is now the new object style.

Not being rude or anything, but a lot of this is in the help files...

Thanks Eugenetyson,

That'll help.

And no, no rude-ness taken at all.....:)

I should've been less lazy :)

Fileman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back