Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use MVC AntiForgeryToken with partial views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technokrat

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
US
My question is more driven by what is the proper approach when dealing with partial views. Is there a token for each partial view, or the container as a whole?

Currently our form contains divs for 5 partial views. The user is responding to a list of certification questions, and based on responses 1 or more divs/partial views are displayed. Each partial view is accepted/declined (button select) and the form as a whole is submitted (button). Currently, each partial view has its own AntiForgeryToken and corresponding token validation in the controller (in the manner as you indicated).

With this approach we periodically see the System.Web.Mvc.HttpAntiForgeryException

If I have a form/view that will display 1 or more partial views based on user responses. Where do I need to place the AntiForgeryToken? In the parent view? In the partial views? Both?

My theory is that when multiple partial views are represented a mismatch of tokens occurs and the error is reported. My thinking is to move the token to the main/parent view.

Am I on the right track? Anybody had to deal with something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back