Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use Images,Pictures or Animation in visual C++ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FW1

Programmer
Jun 21, 2000
ZA
Hi All<br><br>I want to insert an image in my dialog and then as my program runs I want to update that picture with a new picture. This updating would occur with a for or while loop.&nbsp;&nbsp;Animation woould also be great.<br><br>If you know of a website where I can find more information<br>that would realy help!<br><br>Thank you<br>FW1

> If you know of a website where I can find more information
that would realy help!

Well as always there are tons of articles and samples available on msdn.microsoft.com

Also is a great place for MFC code.

> I want to insert an image in my dialog

Well the term 'image' in this context is ambiguous. If you want to use bitmaps from your applications resources this is very simple using MFC support including CBitmap and it's member functions to load the bitmaps resources. Then you can place a 'Picture' control from the Tool Palette on your dialog and change the images using a CStatic control for the Picture control.

Now if you want to read gif and jpg's from the disk it's whole other operation entirely.

> Animation woould also be great.

Before writing code to 'swap' images to generate animation you might want to look at the 'Animate' control in the Tool Palette and it's associated CAmimateCtrl MFC class.

Hope this helps
-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back