Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use IExpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj22171

MIS
Jun 22, 2007
CA
I have a VBScript (MySetup.vbs) that creates folders (C:\Documents and Settings\#UserName#\All Users\MyCopyFolder) and copies files (icon, shortcuts, mdb) from a shared network drive and to user's folders. It works fine.
Now I want to create a self-extracting file using iexpress. I included a bat file to run MySetup.vbs. The resulting exe works only if the files are in the source network drive. Apparently the exe is not a self-extracting file. Questions: a) Where are the files being extracted to? b) How can I make my iexpress work?
Appreciate any help.

While perhaps not relevant to your actual situation, are any of these articles of use?

Repackaging Applications For Distribution

WinInstall.

WinInstall LE

IEXPRESS.EXE, a native XP utility.
Type Start, Run, CMD,
iexpress

Command-line switches for IExpress software update packages

IExpress Batch-mode Setup Switches

BCASTNER: Do you recall
thread779-1255425

Using Group Policy to Deploy Applications

Thanks, linmey. I've browsed through most of those threads and other related topics and had the impression that iexpress is easy to use based some people's comments. I thought maybe there's something missing after following the step by step procedures in one of the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back