Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to use history.go(-1) with frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

biktoryah

Programmer
Mar 14, 2003
PH

i have a problem in incorporating the back, forward and refresh button of the browser...

my window has no toolbars on it so i only have an image that acts like the back, forward and refresh button..

my page is consists of two frames...left and right frames..the images are seen in the left frame but the problem is that whenever i use the history.go(-1) history.go(+1) it reads the history of the left frame..can i do something so it could read the history of the right frame...but the buttons are still in the left? same goes with the refresh button...

thanks in advance,
biktoryah

use top.right.history(-1) to go back a page inside the right frame only, where 'right' is replaced with the name of your frame.

'top' is standard javascript to refer to the top window, you can then work down a very complex frame tree, by just naming the frame as you go.

Barbie
Leader of Birmingham Perl Mongers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back