Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use FireDAC within a DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffyn

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
AU
Hi all,

I'm transitioning to Delphi XE6, and moving from ADO to FireDAC. One of my projects uses many Delphi DLLs that it loads as needed at runtime. I used to pass an existing TADOConnection object from the main application to the DLL for it to use, but this doesn't seem to work with FireDAC (TFDConnection). It insists that it needs a TFDGUIxWaitCursor "added to the form", which I did (well, I created that object within the DLL), but it still insists it needs it. I've confirmed with logging that the object is definitely getting created.

My attempted fix was to pass the data source as a PChar instead (This DLL is connecting to a Microsoft Access database), and create all of the FireDAC objects within the DLL. But, it made no difference, and still insists it needs a TFDGUIxWaitCursor added to the form. BTW, while I'm testing in a VCL Forms application at the moment, once deployed, it will be within a Windows service application.

Does anyone have any experience with FireDAC that can help?

Many thanks.

Never mind - got it sorted. FireDAC needs a lot of help to get working when you're doing all the setup at runtime.

In this case - I had to add the FireDAC.ConsoleUI.Wait unit to my uses clause in the DLL. (It then complained that it needed FireDAC.Stan.Async as well,) and then it's working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back