Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use EEBG and DRG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalrl

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
DE
I have a system BC11-SP12. We want to use DRG for having analouge extensions in a Remote-Site beside EEBG (with IP-Phones). In my opinion for this I need things as follows:

1. ELU32 (programming IP-Phones)
2. ITG (at main-site; connected to LAN)
3. TLU76/1 (for Backup in case of broken WAN to the remote-site, board is connected to the ITG with a short cable to trunk0 of the ITG)
4. TLU76/3 (for programming the analouge extensions in the MD110, board is connected to the trunk1 of ITG with a short cable)
5. EEBG (at remote-site; If WAN is broken, EEBG will be the switch for IP-Phones, EEBG has ISDN-IF to PSTN for making calls to externally and to make the internal call to the MD110 at Mainsite by using PSTN; If WAN is ready, EEBG is completely passiv)
6. DRG (for realizing the analouge Ports at remote-site, DRG is only connected to the WAN and to the analogue devices.

Now my questions: Will it work? Have you an example for programming the MD-Parts? Does EEBG maybe have analougue Ports to avoid using DRG? Do I need an EEBG to use DRG?
Can I programm the EEBG in such manner, that connected IP-Phones use the local external lines of the EEBG? Will the analougue ports really be programmed via TLU76/3 or maybe as IP-Extensions, which is converted to analougue Port in the EEBG? Which task has an ITG in Case that system works fine?

I hope, here is someone, who has experiences with that.

regards,

lalrl

The EEBG (remote) and ITG(main office) with the TLU76/3 board is the same as two webswich 2000 configurations .
TLU 76/3 is programmed with CAS extensions and theese are hotlined through the ITG&EEBG to remote IP-phones or analoque(analoge line circuit board in EEBG . As for the DRG there is no need for TLU76/3 in the main md . The DRG konverts from H.323 to analoque in the box and support fax over IP codec . If you use DRG you will have only need for TLU76/1 connected to ITG (it will then be IP networking instead of cas-hotlineing) . The remote IP phones use the gatekeeper in MD for registring and as a backup solution they register in the EEBG if network is down . I know that there is a 16 line analogue board for the webswitch/EEBG but its possibly more expensive than to use the DRG for analoque .
In combination with the ITG, the EEBG serves as a Local hop-off PSTN gateway, which allows users in any site to use the IP network to make long distance calls, thus saving costs on toll charges. This functionality is always available, and of course allows users in the local branch office to also use the EEBG as their local access to the PSTN network.

hope this gives a hint !!
there is a lot of documentation in the latest alex sp12.

regards Soaplover

Update !
the DRG is hotlined from the box to CAS extension in md .
So.. the DRG needs TLU76/3 connected to ITG .

You don't need EEBG to use DRG .
a couple of DRG's can be at anoter site in the corporate IP network and is mapped directly to the ITG - TLU76/3 at main site.

ok so far, but one additional question:

If IP-Phones register in MD110 via Gatekeeper, it must be programmed with ipexi (right?). If so, with which number I program the TLU76/3? I can not have both: Hotlined CAS-Extensions and registered IP-Phones? Soapslover: It looks like, that I do not need an ELU32 for the IP-Phones. Only CAS-Extensions will be programmed and will be converted into IP via ITG. But then the IP-Phones register in ITG (for me an "external" board with only power from backplane)and not in the MD110? Am I right?

So ITG has two modi: CAS-Hotlineing for EEBG and IP-Networking for DRG. Can I have both modi at the same time? And can I use DRG directly with ELU32?

This will sum it up i think:

Initiate the IP telephones according the operational directions for IP EXTENSION.

The DBC 425 01 IP telephone must be set up to use Automatic Gatekeeper Discovery or receive the GK-address from the config-file and additionally the IP-address of the back-up GK (EEBG) must have been set up via the config file.

The extension number must be the same in the ASB 501 04 and the EEBG

Initiate the ITG, see operational directions for IP GATEWAY WITH ITG.

If it is necessary to initiate the TLU76/1 board and the route to the EEBG for DSS1 signalling, see operational directions for ROUTE DATA.

Initiate Fax / Analogue GW see operational directions for DIGITAL RESIDENTIAL GATEWAY, DRG.

DRG
They are defined in both EEBG and the ITG .CAS extension connected to the DRG is registered at the ITG which has a hot-line function activated to the CAS extension interface.
The CAS extension in MD shall be programmed with mobility server EXTEI(ITYPE-for mob.server).

To be able to get better compression via codec other
than G711 the calls are handled by the EEBG and ITG
since this is VOIP over a wan connection .

//Soaplover

Hi

Just a question about "The extension number must be the same in the ASB 501 04 and the EEBG " .
In ABS 50104 you define it with IPEXI , how to define it in EEBG ? Through the setup menus ?

Regarding DRG and initiation of analog extensions as CAS , could you pls give an example containing all commnands needed ?

Thanks !

As for configuring EEBG you use Net Manager, just as you configure a WebSwitch 2000 .

Installing CAS extensions :EXTEI WITH TYPE=EL7,ICAT=0005,
Configure in ITG is same way as for Webswitch.
(H.323 extension with hotline to cas number)

//soaplover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back