Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use components in Delphi developed with C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

PascalKlaus

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
DE
In our office we have developed some VCL components with Borlands C++ Builder5. All sources are available. Now I want to use this packages in Delphi5. What files do I need? The BPLs are not enough. What I have to do?

Unfortunately using BCB components in Delphi is not as easy as using Delphi components in BCB. Sorry :(.

You can make components for BCB with Delphi, but not vice versa. That is becuase C++Builder can comile pascal since it includes the Delphi Dcc32 compiler while Delphi can't compile C++.

There are some other ways you can try,

You can make a ActiveX/COM or DLL wrapper for your VCL component and then try to install and use it in Delphi.

Or convert the C++ code to Delphi. Then you can use the pas files in either Delphi or BCB. It will take time, but its worth it.

Have a look at these newsgroup searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back