Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use basic connections instead of universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

akalinowski

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
US
Im a fan of crystal reports, but the server is really frustrating me.
how can i have a report built and publish it with out needing to use universe?
i just want plain old odbc connections i write the reports and my usrs just need to open, refresh them and i want to ultimately have them ran and in their inboxes.

akalinowski

What type of database are you connecting to and what version of Crystal are you using?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

ODBC to a ProvideX Database
ODBC to a MS SQL Database
not at the same time.
Crystal Server 2011 & Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0

i try to build the report using crystal reports for enterprise and publish to server 2011

akalinowski

IIRC, You can't connect straight to the database in the current version of Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0 - you can only use universes. I believe it's comming in a future release, but it's not there yet. If you had Crystal 2011 you could connect to ODBC connections.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

well thats frustrating.

OK so i if i build using CR 2011 and upload wizard it should do it then.

akalinowski

Yes, that should work.

-Dell

OK had to build using crystal reports 2011 and upload using wizard

akalinowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back