Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to use adresses from a public address book in OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

giaccotto

Technical User
Jan 17, 2001
NL
For a small company (4 empl) I use Public Contacts to share the company-wide adresses. 1 person takes care of this list. I configured their Outlook 2003 clients to first look in this folder and added this folder to their addressbook. Works perfect.
Problem: in webmail (owa) they are able to view the public folder, but they cannot use is for sending mail like in Outlook 2003 client (they only can choose between Contacts & General Addresses). This is very important for them, cause 3 of the 4 work a lot from outside.
Using 'General Addresses' (translated from Dutch) seems no solution for me, cause, by my knownledge, this list can only be generated by the system administrator (that's me), so this is not flexible.
Anybody a solution for this?

Thanks for your reply.
By my knowledge, the Global Address List can only be edited by the system administrator via the Active Directory. So, they need me to edit this list. That's not an option cause I'm external. This seems not be flexibel enough.
Or am I wrong...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back