Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use a Calendar to input dates in text boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolFactor

Technical User
Dec 14, 2006
US
I was how I can use a Calendar in a form to select my beginning and ending dates in text boxes. This is similar to what you are use to seeing when you book a flight online.

Hi cool,

I've produced a nice generic solution for this.

It involves a graphical calendar form (month, year, grid of days) which appears when you decide to call it dependant on user action (button, text-box click etc).

This action calls the calendar with 2 parameters: 'calling formname' and 'textbox/object name' where the date should be returned to.

This means that frmCalendar can be used by any form within your app, and by a form with many date fields on one form without having to use multiple separate 'calendar' forms.

I produced this from various sources, and with much help from Tek-Tippers, so in reality - it's not mine - it's 'open-source'.

Email me if you want it. I'll export it to the MS Access version that you need and email it to you.

ATB

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience.

Hi Darrylles,

I'm also looking for this - is there any chance...for...possibly...sending this to me as well? [ponder]

How do I e-mail you?

Mare [thumbsup2]

Just create a form and place a calendar on it. You will need to click on More Controls... and select Calendar Control 9.0. Once you've done this put it on the form. Play around with the control but it's pretty straight forward. Another thing to think about the Microsoft Date and Time Picker. I like this and almost prefer it to a pop up calendar. Hope this helps and maybe one of the experts has better advice for you.

Hi,

Gimme a day or 2 and I'll post the link to an mdb.

ATB

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back