Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to use 1. multiple parameters to run a query 2. ... a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellJess

Programmer
Oct 3, 2002
US
hello everyone,

i need your help. i'm trying to run a query based on an unbound form w/unbound text boxes. i need this form to provide results based on all or some of the unbound text boxes being populated. there are 4 text boxes on the form. then the results should display all the related information in a form. i just don't know how to make this work.

i also need this same thing to happen in developing a report. that is, creating a report based on the entries in a unbound form with 4 unbound text boxes.

can someone please, plz help me out.

in advance, thank you.
stellJess

Assuming your form is called frmYourForm, and the unbound Controls on it are called txtControl1 ... txtControl4, then providing the form is OPEN, you can refer to the values on the controls as:

Forms!frmYourForm!txtControl1
Forms!frmYourForm!txtControl4

Use these references in your queries and/or on your reports. In a query, this is frequently used in the Constraint part of a column.

Adapt the form / control names as required,

Steve Lewy
Solutions Developer
steve@lewycomputing.com.au
(dont cut corners or you'll go round in circles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back