Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to upload file with default file name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grillr

Programmer
May 24, 2000
SK
Hello everybody,<br><br>I'm able to upload file using &quot;&lt;INPUT type = file&quot; without problems, but I don't want user interaction on client's side = I don't want to force user to press eachtime Browse button of &quot;&lt;INPUT type = file&quot; field).<br><br>Problem is that I'm not able to set programmatically the file name of &lt;INPUT type = &quot;file&quot; name=&quot;ff&quot; field. <br><br>ff.value=&quot;File.txt&quot; doesn't work.<br><br>Any idea ?<br><br><br>Thanx in advance <br><br>Rich<br>

Hi rich could you be a little specific to ur problem like what error it is giving and what exactly doing <br><br> <p>Unicorn11<br><a href=mailto:webmaster@tripmedia.com>webmaster@tripmedia.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Hi there it all likeminded fellows!!!!!!

The nature of the web is for applications to not do anything on the client side that the user hasn't okayed. This prevents me from creating a web application that copies your personal files from your workstation to my server.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you want to bypass this security,&nbsp;&nbsp;you'll need a component or java applet. <p>nick bulka<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi Tell me how you could Upload a File using the Input Type=File? I tried the Same thing but couldnt make it. Can you Please help me out???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back